-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Sunday, April 2, 2017

A complete and utter lack of self-control

 And i'm back up to THIRTY wip's again. Blame it on the bunny, she was too cute! This was another of my Christmas presents, so at least I didn't buy anymore stash. My family even bought me the linen and threads for the chart, the linen is a 30 ct. WDW called "Seafoam" and it is a pretty light blue-green. All of the threads are just DMC, which I appreciate. Variegated threads are so pretty, but sometimes I like just simple DMC. The chart is of course a Satsuma Street design, kind of a new designer, and I love the funkiness of her patterns.
But at least I am still working on Ashley too. I actually got a non-blurry photo of her for once, though it still doesn't show the true linen color. I am working on her underskirts, which are a very pretty blue/turquoise/teal gingham below a layer of pink/coral gingham. I also started filling in some of the green grass below her dress too. 

And this is how we spent our Saturday afternoon, at the last Spring training game of the season. Our little boy was all about the hot-dogs and running up and down the grass hill (we had lawn seats in the outfield). And my two girls were all about trying to get on the jumbo-tron screen when they would scan the crowd. It was such a fun weekend outing, and we aren't huge baseball fans. My husband grew up playing it, so I think he was the only one of us who truly appreciated the game.

10 comments:

gracie said...

What a cute bunny...your children are adorable....

diamondc said...

Oh my gosh: Your children are so cute, I would love to be on the jumbo-tron, but only for two seconds.
Love Ashley she is a beauty.
Oh my 30 wips I am not sure I have any wips anymore, I am not able to handle it if I have more then one project going, I envy you.

Blessings
Catherine

Rachel said...

Satsuma Street has cute designs. I especially love their cityscapes. I hope they make one for London....who knows maybe they have and I haven't noticed! Lol

Ashley is coming along. I'm sure the fabric color is gorgeous in person :) Cameras sure have problems with photographing textiles properly.

Looks like you guys had fun! Perfect weather for it too :)

Have a great week!!

butterfly said...


Love rabbits , I love this one two.
I am always starting new WIPs can't help myself .
Life is to short not to , I don't live by rules any more to old ha.
Love your Lady .

Justine said...

I love the Satsuma bunny and that fabric is just perfect. Don't blame you for having another new start - why not?

Brigitte said...

How could you say no to the sweet little bunny now that Easter approaches? I couldn't have either, lol.
Such a cute family picture.

Carol said...

Darling bunny and darling family!! Love the little chicks on your blog background, too :)

Julie said...

Perfect design for Spring, nice fabric you chose for the colourful design.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

If the bunny was all in your stash then he's not really a totally new start LOL.

I love Satsuma Street designs too. Please tell Rachel she has two London designs and I've stitched them both!

Melinda Forbes said...

That is a great choice for a new start. I do love her work too. And its awesome she was in your stash. I love baseball - lawn seats are the best.