-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Sunday, January 10, 2016

A tiny bit of stash enhancement


Finally my exchange piece arrived that I stitched for Rosa, so I can show photos. This was for the Christmas exchange on the Hooked on Exchanging blog, and it had to be a Prairie Schooler design. I loved the fox riding on the sled. Though I think if I stitched it again I would use more of a reddish or orange-brown for their fur. I love PS Santas, and I most likely will stitch this again for my own tree. 

And here is my early Valentine to myself. Just Another Button Co. "Lovebird" chart, a fat little cardinal perched upon a spool of thread. Also Hands on Design from the Year in Chalk series "February". I have stitched six other months of this series so far. And I forgot to post my favorite Christmas present from my sweetest husband, a pair of Gingher scissors, "Emily" a pretty pink design that are just perfect for spring.

 Last but not least, I am trying something new with my stitching a little bit of Thread Magic. Though I do have a question for my blogging friends. I tore it out of the packaging too fast to actually read the directions (totally not like me at all is it?) So if you stitch with this how do you coat the thread with it? Do you poke your needle all the way through the wax (cause I would think this would make the needle slippery) but there are holes on the side of the lid that kind of look like that is what your supposed to do. Or do you just swipe the thread along the outside of the little wax ball, cause that doesn't seem to coat all of the thread? Any comments are appreciated, also if you use it if you have noticed a difference in your finished pieces, like does the waxy coating make any difference in colors (they say it won't but i'm pretty risk averse when it comes to my stitching).


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely stitching on the exchange piece. Great new stash too.

I run my thread through the wax which I usually only use for metallic threads as it helps it from twisting so much and the thread seems to last longer when stitching. I've not actually used it with 'normal' threads but it doesn't make it slippery at all.

Sheryl said...

Pretty stitched design for the Christmas exchange and your Valentine pattern looks really cute. At a quilting class I attended years ago we were recommended wax so our yarn would not twist and knot etc. I still have the stuff but rarely use it although it did help and isn´t messy, you just pass the thread over the wax not through it.

Barb said...

What a cute exchange piece! I like the linen color.

Heather said...

Great stitching and new charts :). I haven't used it but I think you run it over the top and press it down slightly as you pull it through

Brigitte said...

Such a lovely PS ornament. It's definitely worth stitching it twice.
Nice stash enhancement too.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I've never heard of Thread Magic, I use Thread Heaven, but it's not wax. You just run your thread over it and then you want to put it between your forefinger and thumb and pull so that the excess is off. That's how you do wax/thread heaven, but I don't know about Thread Magic. Can you google it to see if the company has a page that might have the directions? I imagine the little holes you mention might have something to do with the process.
Good luck!
Love the stash enhancements :)

Rachel said...

Your exchange looked lovely. The color you picked for the fabric was perfect for the background of your PS design ;)

New projects!!! Both look cute! Good luck with stitching on the black fabric!

I've been wanting to get some new patterns, but I am trying to resist the urge until I can get some patterns stitched from my stash :)

Unknown said...

I saw your PS Ornament on HOE Blog and loved it. I have tons of PS charts but I am not sure I have that one but if I do I will be stitching that design. Very nice job.

Your two new charts are wonderful.

KimM said...

What a sweet exchange piece. Lovely, lovely!!
xxx