-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Peeling Potatoes


Above is my progress on "Thine is the Trick or the Treat" for the week. I added a witch, who's stitch count seems to be totally off somewhere, and I am not sure if it is me or the chart. I have heard from other bloggers that there are issues with the chart, and I did have problems with the pumpkins in the top center. I kind of figure as long as the witch fits in her designated circle that I am okay. It's funny how different the color of the linen is in each photo. The one on the left was taken outside in daylight, but the color of the second one matches the actual color so much better.

 And this is what I meant by peeling potatoes, instead of stitching I am spending my week winding thread, lots of thread. 2 gallon ziplock bags full of thread needing to be carded and organized. This has all been sitting in a craft drawer for weeks...ok maybe months...and maybe some of it years! And each time I get a new chart I run out to the craft store and buy a whole new skein of thread, when I probably already have it if I could only find it. So in the long run this is saving me money that I can later use for more charts or better linen instead of thread. It is just SOOOOO TEDIOUS!

And below a little bit of progress on Witch's Hat, one more sunflower added in.


7 comments:

Linda said...

Great progress on both pieces. I hear ya with the floss winding. I did that many years ago.

Linda

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Lovely stitching on all your projects.I love the Witches Hat.

Barb said...

Great WIPS! I agree ,if the witch fits no problem!

Annette-California said...

I think I need to join you and wind my flosses too. I have a bag full of DMC threads. I went as far as to mark off every DMC thread I have. BUT!!! Not all are on card bobbins. Great progress on your wips:)
love Annette

Unknown said...

I have paid my kids to wind my floss - Now they are all grown up, but finally a couple of my grndkids may be old enough to take that over....

Love your stitching...

Brigitte said...

Both your WIPs look really great.

Marsha said...

The witches hat is really cool looking. I like your other Halloween piece too. You're ahead of the game. Years ago I decided floss bags would avoid all that winding but it is a nice neat compact way to store floss. Good luck and happy winding (get a book on tape or happy music, you'll not notice so much)