-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!! Ours is off to a roaring start, I already spilled bacon grease all over my stove (yuck) and almost dropped the Turkey while trying to flip it over into the roasting pan, man those things are slippery! But while dinner is cooking, I wanted to take a quick second to wish every one a great holiday.
"Thankful" row made it back just in time for Thanksgiving. I am so happy with it. I rarely have things professionally framed, but always love them when I do.
This is "Thankful" among my Thanksgiving display on my piano. We still have the little pumpkins left over from Halloween. And the fall garlands I got for 60% off after Halloween. I love the color they bring into my living-room. All the little crafts next to Thankful are courtesy of my four year old and her wonderful preschool teacher. Someday I will miss having little painted turkeys made from tiny hands.
And this is the gobble-gobble quilt top. Another one that was done just in time. I love the punch of color brought from the bright red binding. Please ignore how clean our couch is, it is old and well loved by snacking children and dirty dogs. But we wouldn't have it any other way. And below is the back of the gobble quilt. I used a yellow fabric with green/red/orange leaves on it. And the stripe down the center is made from left over pieces of the nine patches from the front. Which I swear were in a straight line when I sewed them together, though now they look really crooked in the picture.
Anyways I hope everyone has a great Turkey day, filled with family and friends and lots of yummy food.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Very nice finishes! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Elisa said...

Hi, been trying to contact you via email ref the L*K exchange blog please can you email me at paperfaerie@rocketmail.com
Thanks
Elisa x