-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Monday, September 28, 2009

15% of a quilt top

So I have been doing a little work on Pink Pinwheels, finishing appliqueingAdd Image petals and centers on (which takes longer than I thought). And I finally have my first row sewn together. Only 6 more to go. I also started on the border stripes too, which were fairly easy. Here's what I don't understand though, this project is out of a quilting magazine so you would think they would try to make it as easy as possible. But instead of having you sew strips together and then cut them for the border strips they wanted me to sew 84 little rectangles together to make each border section. Ummm... I'd much rather take the shortcut! Anyways very excited to see this one start to come together. I am hoping to make it a Christmas present for my daughter. That's her in the pic holding up the quilt row.

I didn't really work on the Autumn x-stitch this weekend, I was trying to finish my Pink exchange piece. I'd rather make sure I have it done early than be frantically stitching at the last minute. I also finished a piece, I was inspired by Sharlotte's Blog-the happy needle to start Bent Creek's Owl on an Egg, it's been in my waiting to start pile for a while now. I kind of made it up as I went along though, instead of an egg I turned it into a pumpkin, and changed most of the colors for what I had in my sewing box already. I also started a Prairie Schooler ornament, using glow in the dark thread He's not done yet I still have some bones to fill in. Hopefully my exchange piece and both ornaments will be done this week. I started decorating my house this week for Halloween so the ornaments will fit right in!

2 comments:

Sharlotte said...

The quilt is coming together nicely Stephanie! you version of Owl on an egg is cute. I like that you added the little feather rows on his chest.You are lucky that you still have some wonderful looking weather there. We are starting to get a little chilly here. It is only 46 right now.

blue star stitcher said...

Its still a 100 degrees here, Yuck! It's supposed to be fall: cool and crisp not sunny and hot!