-->

About Me

My photo
I love anything creative...I am a busy mom of three (+4 dogs, 1 bird, 1 bunny, and 1 sweet husband) who sometimes wishes I had more time/energy/talent to devote to just being creative!

Friday, August 14, 2009

Family

I am home sick from work tonight, due to a bout of food sickness possibly brought about by husbands cooking. Anyway between swigs of pepto bismo I managed to sew some more squares together for the pink pinwheels quilt. This is only half way done for a full size quilt. To date this is the biggest quilt I have done. But I love all the little pink petals that have yet to be sewn on, you can just see the one I did in the top left corner.
Last night my sister came over. Her and my mom have never believed in the saying "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all". I think saying something nice might actually burn their tongues, or at least give someone else a heart attack. So I had just finished cleaning the kitchen, and she still found something wrong (the bamboo plant by the window didn't have enough water). Then on her way out she saw the little bluebird pillow I had made, and I proudly told her I just finished it. But instead of saying how cute it was she told me it was too fluffy for a door pillow. If I didn't already know that this is just how she is it would hurt my feelings. Instead I am just amazed how they never find something nice to say. I guess you can't change your family though, and have to just love them how they are.

No comments: